Volunteer Rules and Regulations
1. By volunteering for EXP Con 2020 you hereby agree to abide by the rules and regulations listed here, as well as the EXP Con General Rules and Regulations. The EXP Con Volunteer rules and regulations are subject to change without notice. Volunteers are representatives of EXP Con and must act in accordance with the convention’s rules and regulations.
2. Volunteers will be required to sign up for at least (3) 4 hour shifts during the convention. Shifts will consist of things like checking badges at doors, helping setup rooms, lending a hand with events, working at registration, or helping the convention staff with other needs.
3. Volunteers will be given a free volunteer badge in exchange for those 3 shifts.
4. Any volunteer who does not show for a shift will have their badge taken and will be asked to either purchase a badge or leave the convention. You will be unable to volunteer in future years.
5. Volunteers are expected to arrive 15 minutes prior to their assigned shifts for check in and role assignment.
6. Volunteers will be required to attend a volunteer orientation on either Friday morning at 11am or Saturday morning at 8am to get a breakdown of their roles and rules of the convention.
7. Volunteers cannot show special treatment to anyone within the convention, such as letting their friends skip lines, or allowing their friends into convention without a badge, or give away any access to an attendee to something they wouldn’t have access to otherwise.
8. Volunteers are not permitted to make any statements or actions that would negatively affect the convention, including statements to the public and/or press.
9. Volunteers are expected to maintain confidentiality Before, During, and After EXP Con 2020, in matters pertaining to the event.
10. Volunteers are free to participate in EXP Con activities, so long as it’s before and/or after their scheduled duties.
11. Volunteers should practice basic clean personal hygiene and avoid using excessive amounts of perfumes, colognes and/or hairsprays that may cause a problem for allergy sufferers.
12. Volunteers cannot give away their volunteer badge or shirt to any individual or attendee EXP Con 2020 under ANY circumstances.
13. EXP Con 2020 Staff reserves the right to immediately dismiss any volunteer who they feel does not adhere to EXP’s rules and guidelines.
EXP Con General Rules and Regulations
1. By purchasing a ticket and attending EXP Con you hereby accept to abide by the rules and regulations listed here. The EXP Con rules and regulations are subject to change without notice.
2. You must follow all Hotel rules and State laws. We want you to have fun at the event but please remember to be smart and don’t do anything that will get you in trouble with the hotel or the long arm of the law.
3. Illegal drugs and non-prescribed narcotics are prohibited. If you are caught with illegal drugs or non-prescribed narcotics you will be removed from the convention immediately.
4. No smoking except in designated areas. If you are caught smoking anywhere you are not supposed to be, you will be removed from the convention immediately. Please respect the hotel and convention center’s smoking regulations.
5. Alcohol is prohibited unless you are in your room or in the hotel bar. EXP Con can be an excuse for some to party with friends the whole weekend, but you must be respectful to the other attendees. We won't tolerate underage drinking or public intoxication. If you can't follow these rules, you will be removed from the convention.
6. We are not responsible for lost items including badges. Please remember to keep an eye on your belongings and be sure not to leave them unguarded. If you lose your badge please realize that we will not replace your lost badge. Any items that are found will be given to the lost and found location near the registration area.
7. No sleeping in the convention center. We are fans and convention-goers just like you and we have seen that sometime people can decide to pass out on the floor and or furniture of the convention center. Please respect the hotel property and the event by not making us remove you from the convention center because you decided that you would rather sleep in the convention center rather than your hotel room.
8. By purchasing a pass and/or attending EXP Con, you consent to be photographed, filmed, and/ or otherwise recorded. Your entry constitutes your consent to such photography, filming, and/or recording, and to any use, in any and all media throughout the universe in perpetuity, of your appearance, voice, and name or any purpose whatsoever in connection with the organization presently entitled EXP Conventions. You understand that all photography, filming, and/or recording will be done in reliance on this consent given by your attendance at the event. If you do not agree to the foregoing, please do not attend the convention. - This is the fancy legal jargon required to use our event photography/videography/etc. for promotional purposes called a crowd release.
9. Treat fellow convention-goers, EXP Con staff, and Renaissance Resort staff with respect. Don’t do anything that you know you shouldn’t be doing to another convention attendee. They are here to have a great time just like you, so don’t spoil it for them. The EXP Con and Hotel staff is here to make sure you have a great time. Please treat them with respect and understand that their goal is ensure a great experience for everyone.
10. EXP Con is going to be a blast for everyone involved. Please do not do anything that could ruin the convention EXPerience for anyone. No excessive disruptive behavior or anything that would cause damage to the hotel or harm other attendees. If you cause harm to the convention center, hotel, an attendee, or staff member you will be removed immediately.